Riyadh National Zoo, in the heart of Malaz in Riyadh, is an easily accessible travel location for those visiting the city of Riyadh. At the beautifully spread out landscape and marvelously set terrains, this zoological park has an area of 55 acres and consists of more than 1500 animals in 40 species that let one’s good amount of time to be spent in an animal world. It is one of the most visited places in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. You will be astounded by the different forms of wild life present over there.
I happened to visit the zoo with my beloved wife Pallavi in the winter and I must say it was a delighful experience. It is one of the best places for families and singles to hangout. Especially if you have kids , It is a must visit place. It will be total entertainment for kids. Kids get to see lot of animals for real which they would have read it in books and it will make them really happy.
Some of few things I would like to share which i noticed . Those Ostriches over there love popcorn and you will be tired of feeding them with popcorns. 🙂 When you throw a juice bottle or fruit to the Ape, it will ensure it will consume them:). You must see the way how it opens a Juice bottle and drinks it. You will also get to see baby Anaconda, one of the deadliest snakes in the world. You will get to see vareity of animals over there. Also, You will get a chance to see the zebra which is an endangered animal and many more.
I hope these pics will make you visit the Riyadh Zoo when you are in Saudi Arabia.
Happy Exploring Saudi Arabia :).
If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment here.
- Entry Ticket will cost 10 SAR per person.
- Preferred to visit this place in the evening during summer and anytime during winter.
- Make sure you carry sun glasses and cap as the zoo is very big and it takes lot of time to cover the complete place in hot and dry climate
- Make sure you park your car in the parking lot. Do not park your car anywhere else as there will be few traffic police around the zoo.
- Families usually prefer to go on weekends.Opening hours are between 9am and 6pmMondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are reserved for men. Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays are reserved for women.